Charcoal as a beauty product ?? who knew?
Yes, charcoal is our newest beauty must have. This amazing ingredient is a skin super hero not only helps remove pollution and debris but also combined with an exfoliator gives skin the chance to breathe again. Charcoal helps to absorb excess oil and cleanse pores helping get rid of the pesky blackheads and leave way for a clearer looking skin.
A mask that works whilst you sleep!
Hello beauty with minimum effort. Our new camomile and honeydew mask works whilst you sleep. Just apply wait a few minutes for it to absorb and sleep. Sweet dreams whilst your skin repairs and rejuvenates ! whats not to like 🙂
Anti-Oxidants and skincare benefits
Sometimes skincare gets a bit to complicated with words that you don’t understand ! We keep it simple and here’s our simple guide to anti oxidants.
If you’re like most people, you want smooth, healthy skin, but maybe you don’t want to wade through hundreds of chemically laden products to get it. That’s where antioxidants can help. Incorporating the right antioxidants into your diet and skin care routine can have a positive effect on your skin.
Antioxidants are nutrients (vitamins and minerals) and enzymes (proteins inside your body) that can help to prevent and repair damage to your body’s tissue. Antioxidants do this by slowing or preventing the effect of free radicals, which start oxidation — a process that causes damage from oxygen that can lead to cell dysfunction. If you’ve seen a peeled apple turn brown, you’ve seen oxidation in action. As antioxidants block the effects of free radicals, they end up being oxidized. This is why it’s important to constantly replenish your supply of antioxidants.
4 simple steps to flip flop ready feet
If, like us , you have very little time and yet want to be able to wear sandals with pride this summer, here’s our 4 simple steps to your at home pedicure.
1. Smoothe – Scrub and file your feet when they are dry, simply use a foot file to get rid of the tough skin around your heels and then use a scrub on dry feet to really exfoliate then rinse with warm water.
2. Soak and relax – it only takes 5 minutes and this is your chance to grab a quick cuppa whilst your feet soak in warm water.
3. Shape and smile – Dry feet, shape and file your toes. Apply a foot cream, lotion or balm.
4. Polish and go – use nail varnish remover to get rid of any old varnish and paint a clear bottom coat of polish before applying 2 coats of a bright summery nail varnish. Apply your top coat.
For even softer skin – after applying your lotion, cream or balm you can wrap your feet in cling film and leave on for as long as possible. This allows the creams to soak deeper into the skin.
For a longer lasting colour, ensure you paint the tips of the nail along the top – this helps prevent chipping.
Apply a drop of olive oil to your cuticles once your nails are painted to give them nourishment and also help protect your nails whilst they dry.
Tea Tree oil – what’s all the fuss about?
You can now find tea tree oil in just about every beauty product on the market. From shampoos to deodorant, so we asked our skin advisor and skin care obsessive Claire Hurst to investigate to see if it really is all its cracked up to be.
Here’s what she found out…..
” My challenge was to really put tea tree to the test, I bought several products with tea tree in and decided to trial them to see if they worked. I decided to do a blind trial with some friends and colleagues to see if we got results even when people did not know the product they were testing.
1. Shampoo – this was given to 3 people in a plain bottle and they were asked to try for a week and report back and here’s what they said. Sarah – ” my hair has felt really clean all week, I use a daily shampoo and so was pleased to find it didn’t dry my hair out”, John – ” I was surprised by this shampoo, it didn’t smell to girly just nice and fresh and I do suffer from dry scalp and I have noticed it felt a lot better his week.. ” Elaine – “something in this feels nice and tingly, I liked it, my hair felt great”
Ok, so this might not be a huge scientific investigation but they had no idea what they were trying and all loved it !
2. Foot Care – As above, 3 non branded bottles were given out and this time I picked 3 people with some foot complaints. I asked them to use the product twice daily for 2 weeks. James – ” I like this product it absorbs quickly and my feet are definitely less smelly since using it” Kath – ” I am really impressed ! My athletes foot has almost completely disappeared, very happy indeed” Katie – “I enjoyed using this cream and would recommend it. My heels are far less cracked and healing nicely”
Another really good result for tea tree !!
3. Skin care (mask) – This time I asked people with minor skincare problems such as spots, dry skin and oily skin to use the mask 3 times a week for 3 weeks. Again all 3 people had no idea what they were using and here’s what they said. Abby – “my spots are way better….very happy” Heather – “my skin feels really soft after using the mask, I loved it” Richard -” not really my thing a face mask but I must admit I did like it and got less ingrowing hairs on my face”
So for me, it seems tea tree IS actually all its cracked up to be ! This will definitely be a beauty cupboard essential for me. It’s nice to see natural ingredients being so effective and with such a heritage. It’s an ingredient I feel I can trust.
3 top tips for great looking skin all over your body
1. cleanse, cleanse, cleanse…so important, we say it thrice. At the end of the day take the time to treat your face and body to a nice cleanse. This allows skin to breathe again and takes away the pollution and dirt of the day
2. Moisturise. All skin types need to be given some TLC and moisturising your skin is the best way to treat skin. Use on your face but don’t forget your whole body needs moisturising, especially if you have been in the sun.
3. Wear a sunscreen daily. Not just on your face but the skin on the back of your neck and back of your hands too !